View Poll Results: How do you feel about Stuckey AS OF RIGHT NOW

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he looks like a stud

11 39.29%
  • He doesn't look like a future "superstar" to me

3 10.71%
  • Haven't seen him enough/Not comfortable making an early decision about him yet

14 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey assessment, to date (from January 2008)

I wonder if Al Thornton dropped to us, we wouldve drafted him ahead of Stuckey.

Honestly, Stuckey's going to be a no one in the playoffs right at this rate. Al would've easily gave us 10 pts a night..or maybe even THADDEUS wouldve given us more consisten production..

My prediction: Stuckey doesn't see the floor much in the playoffs, scores about 20-25 a game with 6 assists per game in the summer league and restores faith before coming back looking like the same player he was this year.

You've got to remember he was the 15th overall pick, we're going to have some growing pains with someone taken around that spot. They're either going to come in ready to play in this league with little to no upside or they're going to come in and making mistakes but have the potential to eventually be something good in the league if they work hard.

What I'm really surprised about is how well AA has done for us this season. Did anyone expect that kind of production from a guy picked where he was?
    _

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I wonder if Al Thornton dropped to us, ..
    He'd be riding the pine in favor of theo.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I think stuckey gets minutes. Regardless of his tayshaun moment of differing too much, he's a very solid ball handler and and is capable enough to keep the leads as long as we keep another semi-ball handler on the court with him. He seems to play much better when we run(as does Amir). Might be nice to push the ball up the court a lil more.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    As much as I am disappointed in a lot of what I have seen from Stuckey, at least we can say, at this point, that there aren't 5 or 20 other guys that we would have rather drafted instead.

That's a positive.
    Find a new slant.

He's solid for a 15th pick. What more could you expect? Our expectations got enlarged a bit when everyone kept talking about how "he'd go so much higher if there were a redo" and "he's really going to be an amazing player". Well, either way, he was the 15th pick in the draft, came out of a very small school (so he needed time to adjust), and he missed a big chunk of time because of injury to start the season. I think if he hadn't missed that time he'd be doing a bit better.
    _

I'm surprised there are so many people here that have given up on Stuckey. He's a rookie who missed the first quarter of the season! You're absolutely right that he makes dumb, ROOKIE decisions from time to time. What did you want? Someone to come in and take Chauncey's minutes right away?

Maybe I'm being too easy on him, but I think he's been solid. He is young, quick as hell, but needs help on his basketball IQ. He's converting to PG, a position he's never played before this year. That's the toughest position to learn. There's a current Piston who took 5 years to learn the NBA PG position. Give it more than 50 games to decide that he wasn't worth the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I'm surprised there are so many people here that have given up on Stuckey. He's a rookie who missed the first quarter of the season! You're absolutely right that he makes dumb, ROOKIE decisions from time to time. What did you want? Someone to come in and take Chauncey's minutes right away?

Maybe I'm being too easy on him, but I think he's been solid. He is young, quick as hell, but needs help on his basketball IQ. He's converting to PG, a position he's never played before this year. That's the toughest position to learn. There's a current Piston who took 5 years to learn the NBA PG position. Give it more than 50 games to decide that he wasn't worth the pick.

"I agree with MoTown."

I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far. It takes a while for most PG's to adjust to the NBA, and he wasn't even a true PG in college. I think he's coming along nicely.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread