View Poll Results: How do you feel about Stuckey AS OF RIGHT NOW

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he looks like a stud

11 39.29%
  • He doesn't look like a future "superstar" to me

3 10.71%
  • Haven't seen him enough/Not comfortable making an early decision about him yet

14 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20
FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Rodney Stuckey assessment, to date (from January 2008)

I don't know what peeps feel about the Pistons ability to develop players, but we are fucking this kid up with all these lineup changes.

What Tahoe said.
    _

Blog Entries
    February numbers (7 games)

PPG 9.9
    RPG 3.4
    APG 3.7
    T/O 2.1
    SPG 0.4
    BPG 0.1
    FG% .360
    FT% .778
    3FG% .333 (only 1/3)
    PF 3.7
    MPG ~29
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't have his PER, which is all I would have really needed.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    Do you think he's a better player than Flip?
    No.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Jack (Bloomfield Hills, Mich.): What is wrong with Stuckey? He has been terrible the past few games.

Langlois: There’s no easy or obvious answer, Jack. He says he’s fine physically, but he’s almost certainly feeling extreme fatigue because there just isn’t that pop to his game. I recall one dynamic move in each of the San Antonio and Cleveland games – both coming early in those games – and then not much after that. There is no real concern for Stuckey long term, but everybody will breathe a little easier when he puts up his next 20-point, 10-assist game.
    lol
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Tracy (Boston): I understand the Pistons are playing this year for the development of Stuckey, but ever since his Player of the Week award it seems other teams have figured out how to defend him. What if Stuckey is not going to bounce back?

Langlois: He’s a young player – a young point guard, working with a veteran team, with proven scorers at his sides – who’s hit a tough stretch, Tracy. No one believes he doesn’t have a bright future. Check back in a month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boris (Troy, Mich.): If Stuckey doesn’t have the first-step quickness and ballhandling skills of Isiah, what does that mean for his future? Is he more of a Dwyane Wade-type guard being forced to play the point?

Langlois: Stuckey is closer to Wade in style than to Isiah. Wade is a little more explosive and obviously has a more consistent stroke with deeper range at this point of his career. I’m not ready to say Stuckey will put himself in MVP discussions someday, so I’m not putting him on Wade’s level, just saying that his style more closely parallels Wade’s. There’s a little Deron Williams to his game, too. But right now, Stuckey has to start playing more like the player we saw in December.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stacy (Mechanicsburg, Pa.): Is Rodney Stuckey physically OK? In sideline coverage of the San Antonio game, you could clearly hear him tell Michael Curry that his “legs are tired.” Curry said he would put him in for short spurts only. He just doesn’t seem like himself and it appears to get worse with each game.

Langlois: Didn’t catch that, Stacy. Sometimes TV viewers are more advantageously positioned than reporters sitting courtside. Stuckey has steadfastly insisted he’s fine, but there’s no question his body looks sapped. He’s not taking the ball to the basket with the same explosion he was a month or so ago. They hoped the All-Star break would refresh him. The good news is he’s 22 – chances are he’ll bounce back pretty quickly.
    Find a new slant.

Wade doesn't have range.
    STEW BEEF!

not the truth like people have billed him up to be.
    I wake you up and as I stand you seem stunned
    remember me? the one that you got your idea from

+ Reply to Thread