+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Andrei Kirilenko

The team's owner, who cited conversations about energy and hustle he had with Kirilenko while negotiating the Russian's six-year, $86 million contract, said he wasn't happy watching his highest-paid player on the floor lately.

"When he shoots off the 10-foot elbow or 12-foot baseline, I'm cringing right now. He's shooting it that poorly," Miller said. But hearing Kirilenko explain that he wants "two or three plays" called for him makes it worse.

"I would have to say he's putting himself on thin ice," Miller told the radio station. "The combination of not playing very well and shooting his mouth off - that's not a good combination."

He also suggested an unorthodox solution.

"I'd almost like to call his bluff. Say 'OK, automatically we're going to leave you out there, you're going to take 20 shots a night five games in a row. And then we'll see,' " Miller challenged Kirilenko. "That would resolve the issue. He's either going to make them or he's not."

A poster on scout thought of a Sheed for Ak47 trade straight up.

With the Jazz having Boozer and Memo, I doubt it happens or is even brought up.

He looked effective against us when he touched the ball. He had several good passes when he drew defenders in the post. I'm not sure about his jump shot the owner is talking about though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

That would be an interesting trade to think about. I mean, when Sheed is motivated, he really can get the rest of the team motivated. On the other hand, AK47 would bring back that inside defensive presence we've been missing, and a trade may really rejuvinate him. They play him out of position at SF, and he could play PF and some backup SF for us. Not sure if I'd do it or not, but it would be a really interesting idea.

The Jazz owner is kind of a nut bag.
    STEW BEEF!

first off, i don't see AK playing PF. not for any prolonged time- he'd get killed by big men who would pound him into the baseline.

second-i don't see any way jerry sloan coaches sheed. sheed's trade value is probably as low as it will be for the rest of his career. he's moody and not motivated right now. and he has a huge fat contract to boot. i don't see any GMs wanting to give up much for him right now.

third- i doubt joe would trade him since he seems intent on keeping the main 4 guys together to see where they can go.

This is not a joke. Just read on a Jazz board that AK47 is addicted to video games specifically world of warcraft and this has affected his game.

Blog Entries
    Maybe his wife is letting him bang too many chicks?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    So in the game after his owner calls him out, AK47 gets 8 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds in a win. The starter from the opposing team (some Euro from the Craptors) gets 0 points.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    This is not a joke. Just read on a Jazz board that AK47 is addicted to video games specifically world of warcraft and this has affected his game.
    Oh, then have no fear. As soon as he's level 60 for about 2 weeks he'll get bored and be good as new.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers

Maybe he needs to put a call into Joel Zumaya?
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread