+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Memphis (#4) - Grizzlies select Al Horford

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Man, if any team needed multiple picks in this draft, it might be the Grizzlies. But yet, here they are stuck with #4 and that's it.

It might not be a bad move for them to trade down for two later 1sts in this draft (the Pistons, Philly *who has 3 firsts*, Phoenix, and Charlotte could all do this).

If they keep the pick, I'm torn whether the Grizzlies take Horford or Conley here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Man, if any team needed multiple picks in this draft, it might be the Grizzlies. But yet, here they are stuck with #4 and that's it.

It might not be a bad move for them to trade down for two later 1sts in this draft (the Pistons, Philly *who has 3 firsts*, Phoenix, and Charlotte could all do this).

If they keep the pick, I'm torn whether the Grizzlies take Horford or Conley here.
    Agreed. I think that Conley was a possibility until the talk of his disappointing performance in workouts. With this high of a pick and the status of the Memphis team, you have to go with the safer pick.

I don't buy into all the talk about Conley's shot. But he is a freshman point guard and those guys take time to develop, shot included. Look at Tony Parker. At least with Stoudamire they got a guy who can play the position now. I think they get somebody that contributes now, and you guys already know who that is.

Al Horford

Unfortunately I don't see any way to make my pick in either red or bold so I guess mine don't count but at least it's another post

+ Reply to Thread