+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kentucky After The Izzo!

Kentucky After The Izzo!

Valenti and Foster AND ESPN reporting that Kentucky clearly has The Midget of Iron Mountain in its sights!
    OH GOD! This would be like a birthday present for Zip Goshboots. I hate Sparty. HATE Sparty.HATE Sparty.
    I never root for The Izzo, but now I'm his biggest fan. I have emailed Kentucky Nation and offered FIVE DOLLARS to chip in towards The Izzo's contract offer.
    Oh man, The Izzo can become LEGEND at Kentucky. I'm talking Legend.
    And Michigan Basketball vaults to #1 in the Great State immediately. Even if MSU hires Crean the next day.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Yeah, never going to happen. Trust me, I'm ok with this as well, but come on. Izzo wouldn't leave for any other NCAA job. Seriously. Duke, UNC, Arizona, UConn, Texas, ANY of those schools or any other team with talent and a history could call and he won't leave. He's already one of the highest paid coaches in college and there's nothing he could do there that he can't do here. He has more power, influence and popularity here than he would anywhere else in the country.
    The only thing he hasn't done is the NBA, and recent history says that doesn't go well for college coaches, so why risk that either?
    He won't leave the Breslin as the coach until he moves into a new office in Lansing as the AD.
    Everything I've heard about Kentucky is that they're after Barnes at Texas.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Ok, now that I've killed the rumor and the possibilities, let's change gears here. If this happened (never will) and the dominos continue to fall, half of the top 50 recruits in the country will likely be released from LOI's and the season is wide open again. So let's say Izzo does leave and the players are released from the commitments. If Crean comes in they all likely stay. If not, and they start looking, do any of them fit the Beilein offense better? Any chance the hated Wolverines pick up some former Spartans?

Now that all Spartan fans have had a laugh, let's get back to my original post.

By the way, Maurice Joseph will be a Wolverine.........not.

Blog Entries
    Because TheIzzo is so amazing, I think he could coach both MSU and Kentucky, simultaneously.

Talk about his "best coaching job ever".
    Find a new slant.

Seeing as how they apparently hired Billy Gillespie from Texas A & M, I'm guessing this thread will only contain "I told you so" posts from Spartans at this point.

Well, not so fast there, Jethro.
    Now, I suggest that The Izzo learn the battle cry of Arkansas, because Arkansas is having alot of trouble, and I suggest they hire The Izzo as the one and only guy to revitalize that program.
    Who better than The Midget of Iron Mountain to not only coach basketball, but replace Houston Nut(bag) as football coach?
    SOOOOOOEEEY Hog! Razorback! Oink Oink!
    Hell, The Izzo can take over at quarterback for the departed Mitch Mustain!!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Hey Zip- haha insert pointing sticking out tongue emoticon

+ Reply to Thread