Page 18 of 22
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Appalachian State shocks Michigan and the Nation

i'll peon you.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i'll peon you.
    Not bad. You`re coming along, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    You just don`t get it, do you? You have nothing to feel superior about. You are not affiliated with UM in any way, shape or form. You don`t have what it takes to attend any Big Ten university. You are nothing but a hanger-onner. The only thing you contribute to the university is revenue when you buy all of that blue and yellow shit in an attempt to feel connected. You are nothing but an exploitable, predictable revenue source. You are fodder. You are a peon.
    So people who don't go there are peons? I'm failing to understand the arguement. You aren't good enough to play for the Pistons, does that make you a peon?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    So people who don't go there are peons? I'm failing to understand the arguement. You aren't good enough to play for the Pistons, does that make you a peon?
    My point is, those who did not attend UM have no business trying to get on the superiorty train. They have no business breaking out the "little brother" tripe, they have no business acting smug and they have no business trumpeting academics at the attempted expense of another institution. They did not attend the university! They have contributed nothing to UM`s success. They are nothing more than an exploitable resource for the athletic department. Be a fan, but realize you have a tenuous connection to the university at best and act accordingly instead of like some fluffed up peacock with one feather.

Blog Entries
    What do fans of NFL, NBA or MLB teams have to do to "earn" the right to be fans of their teams?

Explain why NCAA sports are any different.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    My point is, those who did not attend UM have no business trying to get on the superiorty train. They have no business breaking out the "little brother" tripe, they have no business acting smug and they have no business trumpeting academics at the attempted expense of another institution. They did not attend the university! They have contributed nothing to UM`s success. They are nothing more than an exploitable resource for the athletic department. Be a fan, but realize you have a tenuous connection to the university at best and act accordingly instead of like some fluffed up peacock with one feather.
    I love the contradiction of non-alumni being both an exploited resource and not having contributed anything to the university. I love more that its described in succeeding sentences.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I love the contradiction of non-alumni being both an exploited resource and not having contributed anything to the university. I love more that its described in succeeding sentences.
    Lol, great observation.

Find a new slant.

I come from the Christian train of thought where you don't act like you are better than others no matter what school you went to, no matter who you are, etc. Nobody hates a humble person. Not saying I've perfected that by any means but it would be nice to see it more in sports.

or his raging inferiority complex? not ok for non-um affilates to talk down to people (because they are trash, as buckdow often mentions), so therefore its ok for um-affiliates to talk down to everyone else?

yeah. good thing money grows on trees or U of M would have had to pay for their stadium upgrades with the money from tickets that non-alums buy.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread