+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Tigers trade rumors

Blog Entries

2008 Tigers trade rumors

Last edited by Glenn; 03-02-2008 at 06:33 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

I'll take a 6 pack of Dodger Dogs for Inge...just so we can keep Raburn in the bigs...

I'll take a solid RP for Inge just to buy time for Zumaya to stop getting hurt.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ledezma
    I'll take a 6 pack of Dodger Dogs for Inge...just so we can keep Raburn in the bigs...
    If we can get a good deal I'd do it but it's not like Inge is just worthless. His versatility allows us so much more flexibility with how we set our roster. He's s luxury at his price which is the issue and if he's disgruntled it won't work but purely on value to the roster the Tigers would love to keep him if they could.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'll take a solid RP for Inge just to buy time for Zumaya to stop getting hurt.

Nobodys going to give us anything decent for Inge. Not to mention, we will have to eat at least 40% of his salary if we do find a taker.

I want Inge to be traded, b/c it's obvious he's not happy, and we don't need any disgruntled ppl in the clubhouse (see Dmitri Young)...

cut out the cancer before it spreads, and either A) trade him for 25 cents on the dollar or B) designate him for assignment...

let a kid like Ryan Raburn, who's making 10% of Inge's salary, be the utility man...

I'd almost guarantee he'd hit a better avg. than Inge

Blog Entries
    There's a big difference between being able to play multiple positions and being able to play them well. If we can get a legit deal for him fine, but suggesting just cutting him and eating his salary is a little over the top for me.

Also, Ryan Braun's probably the only thing that kept Miggy from being the worst 3rd baseman in baseball last year. IF Inge is around, trust me, we'll be happy to have him to fill in and as a late inning replacement.

Either way, I'm guessing Raburn makes the team anyways. You have 12 pitchers, the starting 9, and Thames platooning with Jones, that's 22 for sure.

Three spots to go: It's down to a backup catcher (great if Inge can do it), a fifth outfielder (Freddy Guzman? Raburn? Inge?), and a backup infielder (Raburn/Inge).

The key is really wether Inge is catching or not. If not, Raburn's probably got to prove he can play occasionally in center, which is by no means a lock.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Santiago will be a backup IF, right? And unless Vance Wilson starts the season on the DL, I'm pretty sure he's still in their plans.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    The Giants have been trying to work out a deal with the White Sox for Joe Crede for weeks now, if that falls through, SF might be another Inge possibility.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Santiago will be a backup IF, right? And unless Vance Wilson starts the season on the DL, I'm pretty sure he's still in their plans.
    I was hoping they'd have Guillen back up at short and dump Santiago's weak ass. Maybe wishful thinking.

If Wilson can play great but last I heard he couldn't throw anybody out. If that's the case, I don't want him around until he's healthy.

I'll call DD this afternoon, we'll get this all squared away.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    I was hoping they'd have Guillen back up at short and dump Santiago's weak ass. Maybe wishful thinking.

If Wilson can play great but last I heard he couldn't throw anybody out. If that's the case, I don't want him around until he's healthy.

I'll call DD this afternoon, we'll get this all squared away.
    I think Carlos will backup SS. Thames will take 1B when that happens. I don't see Ramon getting any PT at SS.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread