+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons mentioned in Amare/Marion rumors

Blog Entries
    Keep the source in mind, but Chris Sheridan inferred in his chat that the Pistons could target Amare rather than Marion.

hey chris, i really enjoy your chats. is there any truth to the rumors of phx trading shawn marion to detroit for rasheed wallace and tyshaun prince. if there is truth to thayt how gets the better side of that trade? i would hate to see shawn marion leave phx!!! thanks!!!

CHRIS SHERIDAN
    If Detroit was going to make a trade like that, they'd want Amare Stoudemire back, not Marion. But Amare is one of the guys on their radar this summer, and they'll part with Sheed and another piece (I think it would be Hamilton rather than Tay) if they can get a young big in return. For more on the Pistons, check my blog later today.
    Brad (Detroit)
    Was that Stoudemire hypo just speculation or is there some truth to that rumor?

CHRIS SHERIDAN
    I hear his name alot in talking with personnel people around the league discussing which players might be traded this summer. My reading is that Amare and Marion are both available.
    Cue the Sheed for Amare trades!!
    http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80
    Find a new slant.

I could see that. They need to win now, with Nash there and all, and Amare is too risky. Sheed and Rip gives them the title(think of Rip and all those open shots with Nash and Marion). But we would probably need to find a SG then. Maybe Bonzi or MoPete or someone?

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I'm starting to warm to the idea of trading Rip. He's a great player but we can get a lot for him and 2's are a lot easier to come by in today's NBA.

If we traded RIP and Sheed for Amare then we'd probably draft a SG at #15 to replace him (and also get a guy like Mo Pete to bridge the gap). Then the Stucky talks would heat up for sure.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Wow, Amare Stoudemire on the Pistons, that would be amazing... but Phoenix would be seriously worrisome with Sheed and Rip alongside Marion and Nash. Dunno if we want to help them win a title, but I'd do it just so there's something about the Pistons to be excited about again.

If we give them Sheed + Rip for Amare, give them the title.
    Sheed defends Duncan as good as anyone, and Rip + Nash!

But I still love this trade... we wouldn't be looking to win the title soon, we would build around Amare for the years to come instead.

Blog Entries
    Blakely

http://blog.mlive.com/pistonsinsider..._a_piston.html

Pistons have no chance of landing Amare

Posted by A. Sherrod Blakely June 08, 2007 21:26PM

Here we go again.

The latest rumor making the rounds has the Pistons eye-balling Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire. Gee, that makes them one of, oh, a couple dozen other teams in the NBA who would love to get their hands on Amare.

But there's just one glitch ... the Pistons have very little the Suns would want, other than two first-round picks, neither of which is in the lottery.

One of the unwritten rules in trades is that you don't give up big men for perimeter players. The Pistons' most attractive assets are perimeter players. And when you look at that Phoenix club, if there's one thing they don't need, it's more perimeter players.

Salary-wise, you could trade Rasheed for Amare, straight-up. I don't know Phoenix's new GM Steve Kerr that well, but he can't possibly be gullible enough to fall for this deal. Even if the Pistons threw in both of their first-round picks, I just don't see that being enough incentive to give away a player of Stoudemire's caliber and youth (he's only 24 years old).

Now don't get me wrong. Joe D. would love to add a player like Amare to the mix, especially if the only body it would cost him, is Rasheed Wallace. Stoudemire would be a great fit in Detroit ... or any other team, for that matter. But the most tradable assets Detroit has are in the backcourt, and there's no way that the Suns are going to give up an All-NBA big man for any combination of Detroit perimeter players and not get a big man (not named Nazr Mohammed) in return.

A more likely scenario would involve Detroit making a deal for Shawn Marion. He's not all that thrilled about being the best all-around talent on that team, but still taking a back seat to Steve Nash and Amare.

And with both Detroit and Phoenix looking to do maybe a little more than tweak their roster this summer, a Sheed-for-Shawn trade, with a couple more players thrown in and possibly some cash and/or draft picks, may be just what both teams need right now.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    If Marion isn't happy sharing the spotlight in PHX, how is going to feel with 2-3 other All Stars on the squad, and Ronald Dupree to boot.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    If Marion isn't happy sharing the spotlight in PHX, how is going to feel with 2-3 other All Stars on the squad, and Ronald Dupree to boot.
    Better than with a 2 time MVP and another all NBAer.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't give up both Rip & Sheed for Amare

if they gave us a toss in like Barbosa or Raja to go along with it...then I'd probably do it...

I think Sheed would be a god sent in D'Antonis offense though...rip too for that matter...

+ Reply to Thread