+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spartan Football Commercials

Spartan Football Commercials

I heard Dantonio wanted to take a new angle on promoting the program by putting together some Spartan Football commercials and air them nationally on major stations. I had never heard of this done before and loved the idea, but questioned whether or not it would really happen and whether or not it was really true.

Well, today I'm watching ESPN and sure enough a Spartan Football commercial aired. It was flat out terrific too. Showing players together and flashing new slogans that Dantonio and the team developed. Things like the 300 inspired "One heart" and Pride, Passion, Purpose. It was done very well. I guess I can't verify that they are indeed showing nationally because I was watching in Michigan, but that is what I heard they were doing.

I think this is a great way to promote the program nationally to recruits and fans. I love the idea and thought it was very unique. Curious if anyone has seen these yet and what they think about the idea.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/2007/...partans-promo/

Good idea, a way to sell tickets and uplift fan support.

Blog Entries
    Nice denture glue commercial too, lol.

This is definitely a local spot only, you can tell by the production value.

I doubt they would have the budget to run these nationally, and it wouldn't make sense to do so, either.

How effective would it be to try and sell football season tickets to MSU games in Oklahoma?
    Find a new slant.

Yikes. I agree the idea is good, the execution... not so much.

If you want fan support, just put Leonidas in a green cape and play a 3 second "THIS IS SPARTA!" clip. Cheaper and a lot less cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Gotta use John Spirit in these too, preferably riding his bike on the highway.
    Find a new slant.

For true Spartan culture, run the clip from Spartacus where Tony Curtis is lovingly washing Kirk Douglas' back in an ancient hot tub.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Haven't seen any commercials and, given the comments, I'm not sure I want to.
    However, in theory, it's a good idea. I wouldn't use it as a plug for selling tickets, though. I would maybe put up a phone number and URL for people wanting more info, but I would have it open so that it had the same appeal whether you were looking to buy tickets or you were a potential recruit.

State does a much better job with this than any other school in the State, at least around here they do. Traveling through Flint I have often seen the big Spartan Hoops billboard and been irritated that UM doesn't do anything that I've ever seen. Clearly someone in that joke of a program (UM sports information, management that Harbaugh speaks so ill of) could put something together.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Jeth, if you want to see it, the link is in post #2 in this thread.
    Find a new slant.

Ok, I gave in and watched it. I'm sorry, but that was horrible. That would turn me off to a program if I wasn't already. Maybe there are rules about how you can or cannot use an amatuer athlete or his likeness in such an advertisement, but that looks like it was done in maybe 2 or 3 hours. If I was putting something together for that purpose, I would at least work on it for a week. It's far too important and expensive to take it lightly.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

"Horrible" is a little much. Its pretty regular IMO. It looks like any other college production. Like any of the cheezy commericials you see for schools run during their football games.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread