+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-star WR Fred Smith picks Michigan State

4-star WR Fred Smith picks Michigan State

Congratulations to the Spartans and Coach Dantanio. I kinda wish Tre hadn't freaked out about this the other day so he could actually enjoy it, but I guess he could always do a flip-flop and start praising coach Dantanio and jump back on the recruting bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Gray to Nebraska.
    Demens to Nebraska.
    Smith to UM.

Put all your money on it. Every last RED cent. Done deal. "Bank on it bitches."

p.s.-Dantonio is doing a great job recruiting! The whole lets bring in nobody plan seems to be working out beautifully. I've got this tune in my head sung by an old honky tonk with a harmonica. It goes a little something like this...I hope you can hear it too. "I've been stuck in the fucking ceeeeeeeeeelar all of my damn life. I've been stuck in the fuuuuuuuuuuucking ceeeeeeeeeeelar I just wish this program would die.".

Big Shocker. Dantonio sucks at recruiting so far though.

The real deal....

Smith has cancelled his announcement and moved it to the end of September. MSU has put out the full court press. Kalin Lucas called him and said "get your ass over here and let's win some "Champeenships." He is now going to attend a Gameday on both campuses to get a feel. Maybe he stays awake should he attend "Appleeatin' State" and Big Blue breaks out the brie & Pino Grigio. Kid is smarter than I thought.

Can you post a link to this? I havent seen anything that he had commited yet.
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

From what I've heard he visited MSU this weekend and pulled a 180. First, he was announcing soon, then postponed his announcement and was favoring Michigan. Now he's announcing tonight after a "dreamy" MSU visit and will announce for the Spartans.

From TheWolverine-

Earlier today-Josh spoke to sources this morning that have informed TheWolverine.com that Fred Smith will NOT be announcing this evening at 6:00 p.m. as planned. According to Smith's source, the four-star wide receiver out of Detroit would like to take a bit more time -- actually quite a bit more time. He would like to take visits to both schools during game weeks to experience the feel of a Michigan and a Michigan State football Saturday. Smith has not declared when he will now announce, but it is unlikely to occur until at least late September.

Michigan was thought to be the clear-cut leader for Smith's commitment tonight, but it now appears -- at least temporarily -- that the two schools may be drawing even with each other again. TheWolverine.com will have more on this breaking news throughout the day.

UPDATE-Well, seems like Smith IS ready to announce afterall. His coach, after calling Josh about an hour ago with the news he would take his time, just called Josh back up and say it's a go for tonight. Josh's opinion (BTW, he's on vacation which is why he's not posting himself) is that this one is starting to lean towards the Spartans. Smith visited MSU this weekend and when he came home had pulled a 180. Unless he puts a call in to Michigan's coaches this afternoon, it seems likely he chooses Michigan State this evening.

Crazy.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

BTW no matter how this falls. This one is not over.

At the family dinner on Saturday they have a vote of where he should go and it was 15-2 in favor or UM.

His HS O-coordinator, who played under Coach D back when he was at MSU, drove Smith up to see MSU coaches.

Well this should cause Tre to get a boner and cum all over the place, it seems Izzo got on him and told him he could come play basketball.

So to me it boils down to this. He can play on a NC caliber FBall team and get a lot of playing time and a middle of the road BBall program at this point and get some minutes or he can play on a medicore football team and get a lot of playing time and a NC caliber BBall team and mop up minutes.

So even if this goes against MSU or UM, it might not be over until my signature.

God that's funny....

"He can play on a NC caliber FBall team"

Nobody said anything about Florida, USC or Ohio State....I don't get it?

As of 4:00...............

The presser is back on. Now WOTS is that U-M is putting on the squeeze. The old "Look we've got 2 other guys we're looking at for WR and if you wait until September the offer may not be there .." dealio. Yikes! Whatever. Good luck to him either way. Nice to be wanted, no?

20 minutes away and it is looking MSU.

Also hearing it is PT and not the hoop angle that would bring Smith to E. Lansing.

+ Reply to Thread