+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Michigan Basketball Coach, John Beilein

New Michigan Basketball Coach, John Beilein

Who will it be?
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6580614?MSNHPHMA
    This dude has a few names. He mentions Crean of Marquette(!), Bennett of WSU, and of course, everybody's favorite human grease ball, Steve Lavin.
    What do the esteemed members of WTF Detroit think?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

My take

I think Reggie Theuss presently in the witness protection program in Las Cruces, N.M. toiling in his 1st year at N.M. State. Oh did I mention he got them to the tourney? Great player at UNLV and a 10 year pro. Nice run as a yapping dome on NBA telecasts. Bright, GQ dude who is a charmer. He is from Chicago a recruiting hotbed and his personal wealth will allow U-M to pay the chump change they like to pay their head basketball coaches. 2nd pick is Seth Greenberg from Virginia Tech. Both great coaches who would turn shit around pronto.

I'm guessing the guy from Southern Illinois.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

i hope not dude from S. ill.

i just saw an interview and he was a whiney little bitch. fuck that.

Blog Entries
    Jud Heathcoat

Maybe Sidney Lowe or Larry Brown
    Find a new slant.

A basketball coach who is a whiney little bitch? NO WAY!

Terry Forster has a nice article today:
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...03180323/1131/
    His contention that UM isn't willing to spend is probably old news to anyone who follows UM athletics, but the comment that he heard that football boosters threatened to take their money and run if UM spent money on basketball is either total bullshit OR very telling.
    His belief that UM is only serious about football is something I disagree with.
    How can UM be serious about football when they've won ONE national championship since 1950?
    How can they be serious about football when their last two coaches are named Gary Moeller and Lloyd Carr, and they have wallowed in mediocrity for damn near 20 years now?
    That UM won't spend on basketball is plain to see. Crisler Arena should have been torn down in about 1985. A team without a basketball practice facility and other state of the art stuff is a joke, especially more so with a program attached to the name University of Michigan.
    The sky might not be falling, but UM seems to lack the sense to keep it from happening.
    Is there a more arrogant athletic administration in the country? People more consumed with what once was, and with no eye toward the future?
    And how about UM "fans"? They still buy the gear, flock to Michigan Stadium to watch the product, and the only thing they complain about is the basketball program.
    MSU wasn't exactly "tradition ridh" when The Izzo walked into Jennison Field House, y'know. MSU and UM had won ONE national championship each, and I believe UM had been in more Final Fours. Even this year, prior to the Tourney starting, UM and MSU had somewhat identical records in terms of appearances and winning percentage. All the catching up MSU has done has been accomplished by a then little known assistant from Iron Mountain, Michigan.
    If you can;t win at a school like Michigan, you need to be selling cars for a living (American cars, at that).

Excellent post, Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Here is the list as I've heard it right now.........

1. John Beilein -- West Virginia

2. Lon Krueger -- UNLV

3. Mike Montgomery -- Out of Coaching

4. Bruce Pearl -- Tennessee

5. Tony Bennett -- Washington State

Discuss. I'm sure with there being no basketball till Thursday Art and friends will have something definitive or at least a few good rumors to point us in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Here is the list as I've heard it right now.........

1. John Beilein -- West Virginia

2. Lon Krueger -- UNLV

3. Mike Montgomery -- Out of Coaching

4. Bruce Pearl -- Tennessee

5. Tony Bennett -- Washington State

Discuss. I'm sure with there being no basketball till Thursday Art and friends will have something definitive or at least a few good rumors to point us in the right direction.
    Beilein and Pearl - LOL, too good of position already and $$$.
    Kreuger or Bennett - maybe but I doubt it, they can get a job which includes a practice facility.
    Monty - sure, but $$$ is a question again.

I expect a MVC type coach, UM won't buy a real item like a practice facility. And people expect them to buck up for a coach? I doubt it.

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

+ Reply to Thread