+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta (#3) - Hawks select Brandan Wright

Check your PMs

Atlanta (#3) - Hawks select Brandan Wright

Next up is Atlanta with the #3 pick in the draft.

Feel free to discuss potential players to be selected, team needs or any other topics related to this pick in this thread.

Once you know who you think they should pick, post your selection in this thread in bold red type. Only vote once per thread.

At 4:30 pm, whichever player has the most votes will be Atlanta's pick in our mock draft.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-14-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Atlanta needs a center or PG here, and the other need at #11. Which one will they address here? Do they take the big man from China, or the PG from OSU? Both can be considered slight reaches (valued more in the 6-7 range), but the last thing they need is more forwards here.

I could see them taking Yi, thinking Law will be there at #11...I could also see them taking Conley, thinking Noah or Hawes will be there at #11.

Since I think the difference between Yi and Noah is greater than the difference between Conley and Law...

The Hawks select Yi Jianlian
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Current players under contract for 2007-08
    Joe Johnson
    Speedy Claxton
    Marvin Williams
    Zaza Pachulia
    Josh Childress
    Tyronn Lue
    Lorenzen Wright
    Shelden Williams
    Anthony Johnson
    Josh Smith
    Salim Stoudamire
    Solomon Jones

Free agents
    Esteban Batista (RFA)
    Royal Ivey (RFA)
    Stanislav Medvedenko (UFA)

Picks in this draft

Another reason I think they go big man first is that if they miss out on Law, they still have JJ or Claxton to cover the point. If you miss out on Hawes, you have to majorly reach for Tomic.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to have to give this one some thought up until 4:30, but I really like the young club that they are building in Atlanta.

These two picks will really determine if they make that big jump or not. With how weak the East is, it might be possible to make the jump from lottery team to contender all at once (skipping the "playoff team phase" altogether).

Josh Smith is one of the best values in the NBA, IMO, and I like Mike Woodson, too.
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-14-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Is anyone else getting the impression that Conley is falling out of favor a bit?

I keep reading that his jumpshot has been crap in the workouts, which is making me think that Atlanta might go big, as you suggested, Chris.

If somebody really wanted to move up and get this pick from them, I'd bet that they would listen.

I'm not sure about Yi at #3, though.

The Hawks select Brandan Wright

I think the Hawks don't gamble with the foreign prospect (Yi), and go with the UNC bigman.

Blog Entries
    I'm also going with Brandan Wright.

He's long, athletic and only 19 years old.

I think they would have preferred a "true center" but they may have to stick with Pachulia at C for now.

I really think that with the Hawks bringing in Law, Crittenton, and Conley Jr. that they will use their later pick for a PG. With that considered, they will use their #3 pick on a big man. Between Horford, Wright, and Noah, I think that they go with a guy who can play both C and PF.

The Hawks select - Al Horford
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-14-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I'm also going with Brandan Wright.

He's long, athletic and only 19 years old.

I think they would have preferred a "true center" but they may have to stick with Pachulia at C for now.
    Agree

Yi would not sell jerseys....that's pretty much all they can hope for

+ Reply to Thread